Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Smells like Nirvana

So, I promised myself no blogging until I'd finished my latest project.

Needless to say, I had no idea just how long the flipping thing would take.

What is this mysterious 'thing'?

The Lotus Blossom Shawl, naturally.



On the (hopefully annual - hint hint, Connie) Yarn Crawl I saw the most beautiful shawl on display.

I had to create and possess said shawl.

I had to create and possess said shawl in Handmaiden's Sea Silk.



The yarn is ridiculously beautiful and regardless of what Husband thinks ("It smells like fish.") I could sit for hours just fondling and smelling the stuff. ("It does not. It smells like The Ocean.")

Now, this was my first lace project, but as I'm a pretty quick knitter, I didn't expect it to take me SO LONG. Almost three weeks from start to finish.

Huff.

This is also the first project I've ever blocked.

I know, I know. Bad/lazy/impatient knitter.

I honestly think that you can't realize the true benefits of blocking until you've actually done it.


I wondered if it would take forever to dry, what with how humid it has been lately. I needn't have worried.


Unfortunately, I pinned it wrong side up, so you'll have to use your imagination a bit.


The demi-mannequin I have just doesn't so it justice.


It's absolutely scrumptious.


I'm actually a little turned on.

By the shawl.

Not the naked mannequin.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very beautiful! Love the colour!

Susan Pandorf said...

LOL! Glad to hear you aren't engaging in ilicit activities with the mannequin.

That being said, the shawl is a thing of beauty. (This is the part where I plead for a full bat-wing shot from the back.Pretty please, with cream and sugar on top?)

Blessings!

Angela said...

Michelle: Thanks! Coming from you (Mistress of The Swallowtail Shawl) that is quite a compliment.

Susan: The mannequin and I are SO OVER.

~Angela